when I close firefox I lose all browsing history, I've checked the settings and it is set to remember history, I have "advanced systemcare" installed but even after disabling it, I still have the problem, just for info i'm using Kaspersky (free version)
Any Ideas where else I can look? thanks. Steve.
hi, solved it, it WAS "systemcare" that was causing the problem, even though I had closed it down it must have been running in the backgound, I found another setting that was wiping the browser history, changed that, now all ok!Read this answer in context 👍 0
All Replies (4)
Restore Firefox History Using Backup Copies Backup copies of deleted Firefox history are stored in hidden files named as index.dat files. If you have accidentally delete Firefox history, you can recover it by locating the index.dat file.
1. Click "Start" > "Search" > "Tools" > "Folder Options."
2. Click "View" > select "Show hidden files and folders" > uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types" and "Hide protected operating system files".
3. Click search in "All Files and Folders" in the C Drive > type index.dat in search bar > click "Search".
4. Download and install index.dat file reader on your PC if you don't have one.
5. Open index.dat file within the reader > Click on the Firefox browsing history you want to restore > Click "Restore". Then you can open your Firefox browser to check all your restored history now.
i hope to resolve your problem then reply back to me.
I see, so everytime I start firefox I have to do all that, really? never used to.
I don't think you understood the question, let me try again,
everytime I close firefox I lose my browsing history, most of the time it doesn't matter, but occasionally it does. I want firefox to remember my history if the last update has killed this feature I will move to another browser, hopefully someone out there has had a similar problem, I suspect either a/ there is a setting I don't know about or b/ maybe another program is causing it So are there any logs I could look at? Thanks, Steve.
Modified by steve.hawkes
So you DO have it set to "always remember history"? Under privacy and security? try clicking "use custom settings" and see if maybe private browsing mode is turned on or something similar that could be jammed up the works.
hi, solved it, it WAS "systemcare" that was causing the problem, even though I had closed it down it must have been running in the backgound, I found another setting that was wiping the browser history, changed that, now all ok!