I open a new tab and get a Sapnish version of Yahoo.ca
When I used to open a new tab I got Yahoo Canada now I get a Spanish version
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:67.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/67.0
Hi Lorileeca, just to confirm, you have this problem when you open a new tab in the same window (Ctrl+t) and not a completely new window (Ctrl+n)?
Are you using an add-on such as New Tab Override to switch the built-in new tab page to a Yahoo page? Or using a Yahoo extension to do that?
What if you try following a link to Yahoo Canada, does it redirect to a different site?
I should mention, if you're not sure about an add-on controlling your new tab page, Firefox should provide some information on the Options page:
- Windows: "3-bar" menu button (or Tools menu) > Options
- Mac: "3-bar" menu button (or Firefox menu) > Preferences
- Linux: "3-bar" menu button (or Edit menu) > Preferences
- Any system: type or paste about:preferences into the address bar and press Enter/Return to load it
In the left column, click Home
Then on the right side, look below the "New tabs" line for information about whether an add-on is in control of that setting.
Okay, I see you posted three questions. In the other ones, you shared your Extensions list. It shows:
- Yahoo Homepage -- enabled
- New Tab by Yahoo -- disabled
I suggest disabling Yahoo Home page and using the Custom URLs feature to set your home page to exactly the address you want. Otherwise, Yahoo Home page will load the .com site and then Yahoo will redirect to whatever it thinks is most appropriate, which doesn't seem to be working.
This article describes how to set a custom home page: How to set the home page.
Does that work?