This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Firefox hangs whenever uploading files
Whenever I try to upload a picture or anything it hangs the entire browser, can't access any website. Other browsers do not do the same like Google Chrome. I have to keep closing my browser down and restarting it and then I am able to browse as normal but whenever I try to upload something it just hangs.
Also, FireFox is so much slower these days I have to revert to Chrome, such as YouTube page loads slower, videos sometimes stutter when skipping. It doesn't do this in Chrome so it's not my connection.
Modified by ProPCGamer
All Replies (1)
In Firefox Safe mode these changes are effective:
- all extensions are disabled (about:addons)
- default theme is used (no persona)
- userChrome.css and userContent.css are ignored (chrome folder)
- default toolbar layout is used (file: localstore-safe.rdf)
- hardware acceleration is disabled (Options > Performance > Uncheck to view)
- plugins are not affected
- preferences are not affected
TEST''''is issue still there ?
If yes : please try a Refresh but Note that this does more than uninstalling and re-installing does. Normal uninstalling does not remove some preferences which may have become corrupt. Please Refresh but do this 1st: