how to restore an old Firefox profile
Thanking you in advance for taking the time to read my question.
I have a profile backup of Firefox, which is dated 2016. It is called Old Firefox Data. I have a copy of it on a USB stick. Can any of you please tell me how I could restore this, please? I have read articles about this in the support pages, but they tell me about changing the name of the profle, and its location. This is confusing.
Please can you tell me how I could restore this old backup? Yours MAREK_WES
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.12
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 12.2
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/43.0
You simply need to follow the steps at Recovering important data from an old profile.
Also, I note you are running a VERY old version of Firefox (43). You should update to Firefox 60.0.1 IMMEDIATELY, Update Firefox to the latest release
Dear Tyler Downer,
Thank you very much for your reply. As a matter of fact, my old laptop, which I had until late March 2018, stopped working. I needed to get a new laptop. Until I did, which was on sunday, I am using the computers at the public library. I do not know why Firefox is not updated to the most updated version, but they go to version 43 instead. Yours MAREK_WES