How can I disable Insecure password warning in Firefox?
I don't want this added step.
And please remember not to use those same HTTP site logins on any sites where you care about your identity or the data you submit.Read this answer in context 6
Additional System Details
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 106
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 17.9.20044
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- Zeon PDF Plugin For Mozilla
- Version 184.108.40.206
- Google Update
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Shockwave Flash 25.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.11
- Skype Meetings App
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
The value of the security.insecure_password.ui.enabled preference determines whether or not Firefox warns you about non-secure login pages.
- enable the feature and be warned about non-secure login pages by setting this pref to true
- disable the feature to be warned about non-secure login pages by setting this pref to false
- security.insecure_password.ui.enabled = false
You can disable the warning when you type in a name/password field by setting this pref to false.
- security.insecure_field_warning.contextual.enabled = false
There is signon.autofillForms.http for HTTP sites as an addition to the general signon.autofillForms pref to disable or enable filling a form automatically.
You can open the about:config page via the location/address bar. You can accept the warning and click "I'll be careful" to continue.
Modified by cor-el
And please remember not to use those same HTTP site logins on any sites where you care about your identity or the data you submit.
- signon.autofillForms.http = true
Works for me. I know it was mentioned in post above but it wasn't noticeable.