Firefox update from "bahtisoo-boo.net"?
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.17.20050
- Google Update
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Picasa plugin
- Shockwave Flash 23.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/49.0
Hi, you did the right thing! It's a fake update designed to infect you with malware which we have seen a lot of recently! NEVER EVER click on anything like that! Please see the article - I found a fake Firefox update.
If you are in any doubt about the authenticity of update pop-ups etc., it's always best to ignore them and check for genuine updates yourself, by opening the 3-bar menu > Help (question mark at bottom right) > About Firefox. Alternatively, you can press the Alt key to bring up the main menu bar > Help > About Firefox. More - Update Firefox to the latest release.
We are trying to find a permanent fix, but it's proving very difficult. A possible workaround which seems to work, is to install an ad-blocker, such as -
Or, but this may be less effective - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus
For reference only - please don't post here - this forum is for Mozilla Support Contributors only https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/forums/contributors/712056?last=69507
If your question is resolved by this or another answer, please take a minute to let us know. Thank you.