I cannot "verify" my email address to ask a question because the verification wants to use Firefox which is not working, which is why I asked the question.
The original question was about Firefox not working after installation of java version 8 update 66, but I can't ask that question because I have to "verify" my email and Firefox, which the verification system wants to use, isn't working. I'm using a different email address this time in the hope that it will refer to a different browser.
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_10_5) AppleWebKit/601.2.7 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/9.0.1 Safari/601.2.7
See if these can help,
Version 8 Update 66 Release date November 16, 2015
https://java.com/en/download/help/ Java Help Center
Java is up to date. That is the problem! Everything worked fine until I updated it!
Have you tried the Java Help link?
yes. It says I have java version 8 update 66, as I said.
You can try these steps in case of issues with web pages:
You can reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.
- Hold down the Shift key and left-click the Reload button
- Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- Press "Command + Shift + R" (Mac)
Clear the cache and remove cookies only from websites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Privacy > "Use custom settings for history" > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox menu button/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
- Switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox menu button/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window