Ican't attach photos to an email (Yahoo) with Firefox but I can with Internet Explorer, Why?
Firefox is the browser I use and just recently I cannot attach pictures to emails on my Yahoo email account. I have tried doing the same operation throigh Internet Explorer and everything works fine. Any suggestions?
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.13
- Citrix Receiver Plugin (Win32)
- Citrix URL-Redirection Helper Plugin
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 18.104.22.168 BETA
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.31.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Picasa plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0
The video shows the exact way I normally attach files but the files do not attach and after a few seconds I get an Error 18 message
I have the same problem. Have tried all of the suggested solutions and nothing helps. PDF attachments work fine. Internet Explorer works fine on all files. Here are the messages I get after a long period of the spinning wheel trying to load the attachment.
An error occurred while uploading. Dismiss
Please check your internet connection We are unable to communicate with your inbox. You can also reload the page to try to reconnect. How do I fix my internet connection? I'm connected but still cannot access mail Error 18
This is identical to my situation. Looks like we have the same unsolved problem.
Did you try the instructions at https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/temporary-error-sln3552.html ?
Yes I tried several times against the advise of Albert Einstein.
Please try contacting Yahoo! support team over at https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?page=contact&locale=en_US&y=PROD_MAIL_ML#
I discovered why the photos would not load in the email. Under the PROPERTIES of the photos they showed as Locked because they came from another computer. There was an "Unlock" box to check and that allowed the photos to be sent. Hope that helps other people with the same problem.