How do I change the searchengine that starts with FF
Dear sir: For years and years I have been a loyal user of Netscape products. Another s/w that I have used over the years is Yahoo.com. I don't know why it is, but since the latest update FF does not start with Yahoo like I'm accustomed to. How do I get Yahoo.com back again?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 18.0 r0
- Chrome Virtual Keyboard
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.11
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.199
- Online Banking Google Chrome Extension
- Content Blocker Google Chrome Extension
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Thank you for choosing Firefox ;)
I guess you want to change the Home Page: click on the button menu (like a sandwich) at the top right > Options. In the "Home Page" field, enter "https://www.yahoo.com/" or any other website you want to have at start.
Another way is to change the Default Search Engine. When you are in the Options, open the "Research" on the left, then choose Yahoo in the drop-down menu.