Force mp4 videos to play in vlc web plugin.
I have, in about:preferences, set "Use VLC web plugin" as the default application for playing mp4 files, and have set media.play-stand-alone to false in about:config. However, when I open mp4 files, it plays in the firefox player, not the vlc player.
How do I remedy this situation.?
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.10
- Version 220.127.116.11
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.20.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- ProtoView 3D Viewer
- Shockwave Flash 13.0 r0
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.5
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.3
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/35.0
Your System Details shows;
Shockwave Flash 13.0 r0
VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.5 VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.3
Having more than one version of a program may cause issues. Remove VLC totally, then re-install.
Update your Flash Player v18.104.22.1687
After, try again and let us know how it goes.