Mozilla won't allow update of Adobe plugin although it recommends the update.
Mozilla recommends update of Adobe plug in for Reader. Mozilla won't allow viewing files because plugin is out of date, When trying to update to 188.8.131.52, Mozilla blocks the update and says it is "out of date." This is being installed on a WIndows 7 desktop.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- Google Update
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Shockwave Flash 14.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:34.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/34.0
hello, adobe has released a critical patch for a vulnerability in its flash plugin, which is reportedly already exploited in the wild. therefore firefox will block insecure versions from running by default on websites for your protection. https://helpx.adobe.com/security/products/flash-player/apsb14-27.html https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/blocked/p794
please update to Adobe Flash Player version 184.108.40.206 as soon as possible, which you can download from http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html (use the windows-exe for plugin-based browsers).
Mozilla blocked the Adobe Flash Player version 220.127.116.11 when I tried to download it, per your instructions.
can you elaborate on this "block" - i'm not aware of any mechanism in firefox that would do that...
Firefox blocked the Adobe update 18.104.22.168 stating the reason that it was unsafe and an obsolete version.
I used the link from Philipp and downloaded the Windows Flash Player for Plugin-based browsers. After closing FF to complete the installation I started FF to find that Flash Player 22.214.171.124 is installed and active in the list of plugins.
Adobe Flash PlayerShockwave Flash 16.0 r0 vulnerable 126.96.36.1995 Adobe ReaderAdobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape vulnerable 10.1.13.16 Adobe Flash PlayerRealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In vulnerable 188.8.131.52
I get all three of these as vulnerable and please update So I update and - even after the updates, they still show as above. I just did these updates a few minutes ago. Still get the same messages as shown above as BEFORE I did the updates. These three continually have this issue.
What is your operating system?
The current Flash version is 184.108.40.206
You can find the latest Flash player versions for Firefox on this page:
For the Adobe Reader you can look here:
this particular machine is running win vista home premium.
I will check into the options you provided and get back to you on this.
Hi johnmyself, cor-el has covered Flash. For the other two:
- Adobe ReaderAdobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape - because Adobe doesn't support Reader XI on Vista, you're stuck with the Reader X series and corresponding plugin 10. Mozilla's plugin check site only considered the current plugin 11 series to be up-to-date, so you'll have to rely on Adobe to keep you on the latest Reader X and plugin 10. You can use Help > Check for Updates in Adobe Reader X to watch for updates.
- Adobe Flash PlayerRealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In - this is something supplied by RealDownloader and most likely would be updated when you update that software.
ok I have tried the remedies suggested. Flash ver 17 appears not to have installed and the current ver 16 persists.
as to the adobe reader - that installer says that I have a more recent version than the one available already installed.