why is firefox change to include this http://mzl.la/1tr8l1i?sample_rate=0.1&snippet_name=4606
your fox changes and it wants to have me sign on some firefox game I don't play video games.
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 15.0 r0
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.9
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.67.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.3
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/33.0
Quoting the-edmeister from https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1025706
That Click Me game is part of the Humble Mozilla Bundle promotion on the default Home Page [about:home], that loads from the Mozilla servers in the "Brand Logo" (DIV) section of about:home. A feature that was first used in Firefox 29 [IIRC] just prior to the start of the Olympic Games.
Also, part of that promotion is addressed in the "Snippet" below the Search Container on the about:home page.
If you want to block the "Brand Logo" section (and the "snippet" below the Search container) from ever being seen again, you can install Stylish and this UserStyle. https://userstyles.org/styles/104673/about-home-hide-snippets-and-hide-brand-logo
it still is thee
To use that link in my previous post, you need to have the add-on Stylish installed as an extension.
Or is your home page automatically going to that link? If so, you can change your home page settings in:
- Tools ( ) > Options > General
Hi thank you for your question, I understand that you have the snippit in the about:home page. IT is possible to change the homepage of the browser temporarily to improve your experience.
In order to change your Firefox Configuration please do the following steps :
- In the Location bar, type about:config and press Enter. The about:config "This might void your warranty!" warning page may appear.
- Click I'll be careful, I promise! to continue to the about:config page.
- search for "about:home" and in the browser.startup.homepage
- double click on the entry and enter another url of choice.
Modified by guigs
If you prefer not to see the snippets on the about:home page then you can set the browser.aboutHomeSnippets.updateUrl pref to an empty string on the about:config page. Delete the storage\persistent\moz-safe-about+home folder in the Firefox profile folder with Firefox closed ("3-bar" Firefox menu button > Exit/Quit) to remove snippets stored in IndexedDB and make Firefox use a default snippet set. You can reset the browser.aboutHomeSnippets.updateUrl pref via the right-click context menu to the default value to re-enable the snippets and make Firefox recreate the moz-safe-about+home folder. You need to close and restart Firefox after changing the value of the browser.aboutHomeSnippets.updateUrl pref.
You can use this button to go to the currently used Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder (Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder)
You can open the about:config page via the location/address bar. You can accept the warning and click "I'll be careful" to continue.