Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Archived

In Firefox 30, JavaScript is Disabled.

Ian_F

When I try to go on a website in Firefox 30, the website is not arranged correctly, most times the website will ask for me to enable JavaScript. I have looked at other Threads and could not find anything about JavaScript in the Options menu. I would add troubleshoot information, but I had to post this in Google Chrome(Firefox did not work)

When I try to go on a website in Firefox 30, the website is not arranged correctly, most times the website will ask for me to enable JavaScript. I have looked at other Threads and could not find anything about JavaScript in the Options menu. I would add troubleshoot information, but I had to post this in Google Chrome(Firefox did not work)
Read this answer in context

Chosen Solution

then follow these steps:

In the address bar, type: about:config and press Enter.
Click "I'll be careful, I promise" if a warning message appears.
In the search box, search for javascript.enabled
Toggle the "javascript.enabled" preference (right-click and select "Toggle" or double-click the preference) to change the value from "false" to "true".

All Replies (5)

go to address bar and type in: about:addons in and hit Enter

Goto Plugins > Java > Change to "Always Activate"

Unfortunately, JavaScript is still disabled. Attached, is an example of my problem.

Chosen Solution

then follow these steps:

In the address bar, type: about:config and press Enter.
Click "I'll be careful, I promise" if a warning message appears.
In the search box, search for javascript.enabled
Toggle the "javascript.enabled" preference (right-click and select "Toggle" or double-click the preference) to change the value from "false" to "true".

Thank You for your help!

vanik84, the Java plugin and JavaScript are Not the same thing as JavaScript was originally going to be called LiveScript which would have helped in the name confusion. http://kb.mozillazine.org/JavaScript_is_not_Java