This article explains how to install Firefox on Windows using a simple online installer. (If you need a full, offline installer, or custom options, see For advanced users, below.)
- To update Firefox from a previous version, see Update Firefox to the latest release.
Before installing Firefox, see the Firefox System Requirements to make sure that your computer has the required operating system and recommended hardware.
To install Firefox on your computer:
- Visit this Firefox download page in any browser, such as Microsoft Edge.
- Click the Windows 10 may show you a warning when installing apps that aren't from the Microsoft store. See Windows 10 warns me to use a "Microsoft-verified" app for more information.
button. The Firefox Installer that downloads will automatically offer you the best available version of Firefox for your computer.
- Click Open file in the Downloads notification on Microsoft Edge to start the process.
- In other browsers, you may need to first save the Firefox installer to your computer, then open the file you downloaded.
Note: If you see an Open File - Security Warning dialog, click or .
- The User Account Control dialog may open, to ask you to allow the Firefox Installer to make changes to your computer. If this dialog appears, click
- Wait for Firefox to finish installing.
- When the installation is complete, Firefox will open.
Double-click the Firefox icon that was placed on the desktop whenever you want to go online.
Here are some articles that can help you:
- Make Firefox your default browser
- Firefox won't start - find solutions
- Troubleshoot and diagnose Firefox problems
If you need more help, you can always get community support.
For advanced users
The streamlined Firefox Installer installs a suitable Firefox version for your language and operating system. For example, on 64-bit Windows, it installs the 64-bit version of Firefox (details here). To install Firefox in another language or operating system, or if you need a full, offline installer with custom options, download the Firefox Setup file from this download page. Options available in the full, offline installer are described in the article, Custom installation of Firefox on Windows.