This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
numbers showing in arabic not english v29 beta 5
when i open view image info, all numbers show in arabic this problem with firefox v29 beta only i tried v28 and works fine
All Replies (5)
Hi Baltagy: Can you please provide a screenshot of what options are selected in this property on the computer?
- Left click on Start.
- Left click on Control Panel.
- Double-left click on Regional and Language Options. Left click on the Regional Options tab on the top of the box that appears.
- Keep the Standards and Formats as English (United States).
- Left click on the Languages tab at the top of the box.
- Under Supplemental Language Support, tick the box that says Install Files for Complex Scripts and Right-to-Left Languages (including Thai).
I would like to determine if the Arabic support is default? If you untick this temporarily and restart windows, do you still see the default encoding to be arabic?
This could probably use a better title: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=999003 but I have asked fore more info to see if we can do some further investigation in a bug as well :-)
Do you have an en-US Windows version and have installed and enabled support for Arabic on your Windows 7 OS or are you using an Arabic windows version and not an English Windows version?
Does it has any effect if you disable Arabic support in your current Windows account if that is possible or try another Windows user account that uses English?
the problem is fixed when i changed Format from: Arabic (Egypt) to English (United States)
Screenshots: with the problem http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/8786/x2c5.png
Problem fixed: http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/4336/5g1k.png
but i can't keep it English (United States) i need to use it as Arabic (Egypt)
note: i use Firefox since v4 with Arabic (Egypt) and no problem like this before
Note: the problem not in page info only it with download dialog too look to this pic again
some numbers English and some Arabic not all of them with same language