What is your logo? Fox or Red Panda?
Ok so I know that not only have people asked this before and you have replied Red Panda. But this goes alot deeper than that. the following link shows an article complete with concept art and quotes from your design team. This clearly shows it to be a fox instead of a red panda. So why are you telling people it is a red panda? http://thinsmek.com/a-history-of-the-firefox-icon-and-details-on-the-3-5-logo/
Also here is a link to a picture I put together to illustrate the difference. http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t14/Fox-Anderson/Foxvspandapic_zps07e9eb01.jpg
Is the information in the linked article correct? Did your designer draw a fox as it says or did you just start calling it a Red Panda because your are sponsoring 2 of them?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 12.0 r0
- Google Update
- Raidcall plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.51.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Unity Player 4.1.2f1
- Facebook Desktop Plugin
- Pando Web Plugin
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.0
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0
hi, the logo is clearly depicting a fox - however the red panda (common name: firefox) is also a cute mascot for our browser: http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/life/Red_Panda
Would you mind putting that information in the other replies and in your FAQ section? This caused quite an argument between my girlfriend and I.
the name "firefox" comes from the red panda & the icon apparently from a fox, so you're both right in a way. a little bit of ambiguity and people discussing the brand of the browser seems to be quite a likeable thing to maintain ;-)
The red panda is Mozilla's mascot as they used to have a Firefox Live page where you could watch a few red pandas on camera.
Modified by cor-el