I could not create an account using a chosen user name and had to invent one
In order to ask another question about firefox I was obligated to register. Whatever user name I put in it tol me this was "not appropriate" which given I was using my actual name I found offensive. In despair I tried fredbloggs with the same result. I then randomly thought of a name and used that it has now registered me under a user name I neither want nor can find any way of editing Please advise. Please note too that on you website the link to creating a new account went round in a loop . In total today I have spent 45 minutes trashed on this Please advise
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 12.0 r0
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.06
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.51.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.206
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- DivX Plus Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0
Using windows 8.1 on a laptop
This actually sounds like a bug. I went through the same process you did just now and did not reproduce it.
You can file a bug at support.mozilla.org: Users and Groups category on Bugzilla.
Just type in User name rejected and follow the prompts. Be sure to be specific as possible.
Now this may/may not be correct, but this is what I know. Someone will come along and correct me, if need be.
Modified by Moses
I have now been able to find the thread and can confirm I sent a bug report to bugzilla I need however to change my user name back to whatever I myself want and dont know who to contact in admin to get this done? Thanks meanwhile :)
Rachel (guigs2) , a Mozilla administrator, replied to your thread at https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/987468. She will help you change your username.
This issue continued over here - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/987468 - locking this thread.