This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Firefox 27.0.1 is using up to 500,000k of my memory!!! Why and how do I fix this?
I have Firefox. And sometimes when I'm trying to watch a video, the video lags immensely! So I went to task manager to see how much memory its using. And it's using a whopping 480,000k!!! I have a basic theme and very basic addons. Nothing fancy. Almost as if it were a clean install. How do I make it so it doesn't use up all my memory? I have 8 gb ram but somehow it still gets the best of it.
All Replies (3)
I have it clearing everything except cookies when I quit Firefox.
Some problems with Flash video playback can be resolved by disabling hardware acceleration in your Flash Player settings. (See this article for more information on using the Flash plugin in Firefox).
To disable hardware acceleration in Flash Player:
- Go to this Adobe Flash Player Help page.
- Right-click on the Flash Player logo on that page.
- Click on Settings in the context menu. The Adobe Flash Player Settings screen will open.
- Click on the icon at the bottom-left of the Adobe Flash Player Settings window to open the Display panel.
- Remove the check mark from Enable hardware acceleration.
- Click Close to close the Adobe Flash Player Settings Window.
- Restart Firefox.
This Flash Player Help - Display Settings page has more information on Flash Player hardware acceleration, if you're interested.
Does this solve the problem? Let us know.