Why is Firefox is blocking safe web sites including mozilla?
I keep getting security warnings on several web sites, even mozilla, and I can't override it,and I can't get it to accept the security certificate. Both of my laptops are fine, it is only on my desktop PC.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.04
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.206
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.11
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_33 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Gaaiho Doc Plugin
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0
hello craigbutcher, first please make sure that the date & time is set correctly on your system. if this doesn't solve the issue (or it is already set properly), a possible solution depends on different factors:
- what is the error code shown under technical details on the error page?
in case the error code equals sec_error_unknown_issuer, please attempt to add an exception on the bottom of the error page & inspect the certificate (see the screenshot attached for instructions):
- which issuer information does the certificate contain?
Also, go to Mozilla.org and get the full install for the current version.