How can I save a cookie?
I play some long internet flash games and sometimes I am running so many programs that it crashes Firefox. When it restarts I have lost all of my game data and I have to start all over. From what I understand all Firefox cookies are stored in one document. I have Windows Vista and cannot find that document. The game cookie might be a flash cookie. I can see all of my individual cookies in firefox->options->options->privacy->remove individual cookies but it does not show its location and does not allow me to modify it.
Is there a way I can protect my cookies from a Firefox crash? Is there a way to protect a cookie so that when I perform a "clear history" the cookie is not deleted? Is there a way that I can modify a cookie (so I can get more in game money and stuff)? How can I save a cookie? As in copy it, save it in a separate folder and paste it back in if the cookie is deleted? Thank you.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.8
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 12.0
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
You can use this addon:
It can export the cookies, maybe this help you to preserve your game data!
Let all cookies expire when you close Firefox.
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: Keep until: I close Firefox
Create a cookie 'allow' exception for cookies that you would like to keep.
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: Exceptions
In case you are using "Clear history when Firefox closes":
- do not clear the Cookies
- do not clear the Site Preferences
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history": [X] "Clear history when Firefox closes" > Settings
Note that clearing "Site Preferences" clears all exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, software installation, and passwords.
Clearing cookies will remove all specified (selected) cookies including cookies with an allow exception that you would like to keep.