Adobe Flash is not working with Windows 8.1.
I have tried the suggestions in several of the posted discussions, but Flash crashes every time since I updated to Windows 8.1.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.05
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Sony Reader Application Detector Plugin
- Tegrity Runner plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0
My first thought is...
Windows 8.1 may have included some new display drivers that are not fully compatible with Firefox. To address that, we usually recommend disabling hardware graphics acceleration in Firefox and in Flash:
(A) In Firefox, un-check the box here and restart:
orange Firefox button (or Tools menu) > Options > Advanced > General > "Use hardware acceleration when available"
(B) In Flash, see this support article from Adobe: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html#main_Solve_video_playback_issues
However, it may also help to visit your computer manufacturer's website for updated graphics drivers or, if you installed a third party product after you got your PC, that manufacturer's website.
If the first thought didn't help...
When the Flash plugin crashes, Firefox usually records information about what was happening at that moment. You can submit that data to Mozilla and share it with forum volunteers to see whether it points to the solution. Please check the support article "Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes" (especially the last section) for steps to get those crash IDs, and then post some of the recent ones here.