This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
how do i unistall searchya
How do I unistall searchya
All Replies (2)
Note as a quick initial step just choosing the correct search engine in the search bar should allow Firefox to use that search engine in all searches.
Now for the removal. This needs three steps
- You will need to identify and remove the program using the Windows Control panel.
see Disable or remove Add-ons
- Check Firefox and remove any toolbar extensions that are unwanted. There is a quick reset option, but you may wish to try to avoid that. If you do use it close any necessary open tabs. Bookmark any left open and any Firefox extensions' homes . (You will loose open tabs and any extensions if you reset.)
Remove a toolbar that has taken over your Firefox search or home page
- Now set things back to normal. There is a search reset addon that helps with this. It installs, resets, and then uninstalls itself.
Also look at this
Oops, I see John beat me to it.
Where is it showing up?
Here is their FAQ, which lists quite a few steps you need to follow: http://home.searchya.com/faq/. Let's see whether we can simplify that.
(1) Turn off any SearchYa option for new tabs in the Options dialog orange Firefox button (or Tools menu) > Options > Advanced Look for anything related to SearchYa and turn it off.
(2) Remove the SearchYa extension on the Add-ons page. Either:
- orange Firefox button (or Tools menu) > Add-ons
In the left column, click Extensions. Then find SearchYa and Remove. You may need to click a link to restart Firefox for this to take effect. If you're in a non-private session, your tabs should be restored after the restart.
(3) Reset Google as your search engine using this add-on:
Did we get rid of all of it? Please note any other areas where it is still showing up.
Modified by jscher2000