Is there a configuration setting that can be set so that various web pages CANNOT disable the ability to past data from clipboard into a field instead of typing
Occasionally various web sites have forms to be completed. Frequently, the password field, and the ability to paste from the clipboard is disabled. Since I use a password manager and generate passwords like mN0ZJ1Pj (example generated for the posting) it would like to be able to paste the password since there is less tendency for me to mistype.
I would like to know if there is a configuration setting that will cause the instructions from the web site to disable the ability to paste to be ignored. My position is that it is MY computer and I should be able to do whatever I want on my end.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.52
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- Google Update
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- RealDownloader Plugin
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Picasa plugin
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0
Modified by FredMcD
Did you try the shortcut key (Ctrl+V and Shift+Insert)?
Thank you. Right to click solved the problem. The only option I'm using at the moment: Disable page cut/copy/past/test-selection handlers.
This will make my life easier going forward.
Again, Thank you.
I had tried Ctrl+v. The earlier post solved the problem - Right to Click.