Firefox 25.01 - Pop-up blocker blocks pop-ups even after disabling it
I am using a greasemonkey userscript that, on using some keyboard shortcuts, triggers searching of all the links in a webpage that contain a certain keyword and automatically opens them in new tabs. The script seems to work fine except when the opened links are too many (say more than 5), then firefox displays the popup blocker bar and prevents the opening of any further links. I have tried adding the website to the exceptions list and even disabling the pop-up blocker, but it still keeps blocking the new tabs even though the exceptions list shows the added website. Is there a workaround for this problem? Any suggestions? Please help.
Thanks in advance.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- VerbAce-Pro NPAPI Support
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.03
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0
Make sure you disable the pop-up block
Try with Adblock Plus Addons
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. Already tried disabling the pop-up blocker. It doesn't work. It seems that disabling the pop-up blocker has no effect if the number of links opened programatically exceeds 20. I have found this limit (of 20) after checking my greasemonkey script with various websites. It opens 20 links in new tabs and the remaining links are blocked. I think firefox developers have set this specific limit to activate the pop-up blocker even if it was disabled. Any comments/suggestions/workarounds?
It is possible that you run into this pop-up maximum (the default value is 20).
Thanks for the really helpful reply, cor-el. Increasing the value of Dom.popup_maximum in about:config has solved my problem.
I now have Firefox 26 and I still have this problem. Even with the blocker off it still blocks the popups I want and displays the yellow bar. Very very annoying....
Is there any kind of way to trace why the blocker decided to block a page?
If you do open a lot of pop-ups on one specific page then you may run into the above mentioned maximum of 20 and you need to increase the value of that pref.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window.
You can inspect and manage the permissions for all domains on the about:permissions page or for the domain in the currently selected tab by clicking the "Site Identity Button" (globe/padlock) on the location bar and "More Information" to open "Page Info" and go to the Permissions tab.
- Tools > Page Info > Permissions
You can delete the permissions.sqlite file to reset all permissions.