Having 2 Shockwave Flash Plugin... How do I remove the other one?
On my Add-ons Manager, under the Plugins tab, I have 2 Shockwave Flash plugin... Shockwave Flash 11.9.900.117 and Shockwave Flash 188.8.131.52 I think I know why I have the other older version of Flash... It is because I recently installed Macromedia Flash 8... However, what I want is to remove the Shockwave Flash 184.108.40.206 plugin on Firefox without completely uninstalling it from my computer... is that possible?
You can find the location (installation path) of all installed plugins on the about:plugins page.Read this answer in context 2
Additional System Details
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.29
- Version 220.127.116.1156
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.05
- Garena Talk Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.168
- Pando Web Plugin
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.6
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.21.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Facebook Desktop Plugin
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1247
- Picasa plugin
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 126.96.36.199
- Shockwave Flash 8.0 r22
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0
But that will uninstall my Flash altoghether... I just want it to be uninstalled on my Firefox... clicking Disable does work, but it will also disable the other Flash plugin for some reason...
You can find the location (installation path) of all installed plugins on the about:plugins page.
I moved the file NPSWF32.dll from the path C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash to another location, and it did the trick!
1 question though, what is that file? is that the plugin file of Flash 8? By moving it to another location, does it have other effects except for not showing up in Firefox plugins?