What's with the FLP player download pop up?
After a recent upgrade down load from Firefox I keep getting a FLP player download pop up on every screen I go to. It is very annoying and I would like to know how to get rid of it.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- Conduit Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.04
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.11
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- McAfee MSS+ NPAPI Plugin
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:23.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/23.0
Check for malware and disable all addons by troubleshooting in safe mode.
CHECK FOR MALWARE WITH ALL PROGRAMS linked below, they scan for different malware, make sure you update all definitions (malwarebytes) and run full scans, not quick scans.
- Microsoft Safety Scanner
- MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
- TDSSKiller - AntiRootkit Utility
- Hitman Pro
- ESET Online Scanner
Microsoft Security Essentials is a good permanent antivirus for Windows 7/Vista/XP if you don't already have one.
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
(If you're not using it, switch to the Default theme.)
- You can open Firefox 4.0+ in Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you open the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- Or open the Help menu and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.
Once you get the pop-up, just select "'Start in Safe Mode"
If the issue is not present in Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one. Please follow the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article for that.
I have a problem with pop-up. too
Hi larryruffin, you have a problem with a popup promoting a particular download? I suggest trying the links in the above post: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/971175#answer-479066