After a recent update I have 'My Search' and I want to uninstall and revert to original settings, how can I do this?
When I select one of my bookmarks or search (Google) the tab opens to a Yahoo search engine page.
I've uninstalled 'My Search' but when I attempt to reset the settings by typing 'about.config in the address bar I also get the Yahoo search page.
The version of Firefox is 23.0.1 (apparently up to date)
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.7
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.02
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Nokia Suite Enabler Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:23.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/23.0
Maybe that's a typo: the internal Firefox pages uses a colon, e.g., about:config, about:newtab, about:about (not joking).
In Firefox 23, the address bar uses the search provider you set on your search bar (the bar with the icon on the left and the magnifying glass on the right). Can you check that it is set to Google?
Bingo! Thanks Jscher2000.