After all the links you gave me FF still has scriptproblems in FB
After all the links your support you gave me the script on FB keeps always the problem. I reinstalled without any add- ons and did all the programming you told me here:
Mozilla Firefox Hi John, The following should help. https://support.mozilla.org/kb/firefox-hangs-or-not-responding and/or https://support.mozilla.org/kb/warning-unresponsive-script If you still experience issues, please contact our support site. -Ken https://support.mozilla.org/kb/get-community-support Firefox hangs or is not responding - How to fix | Firefox Help support.mozilla.org When Firefox hangs, it stops responding to your clicks and doesn't seem to do anything. This article covers the various solutions depending on when they happen. Like · June 14 at 2:02am
The only thing I have is a endless crashing FF!!
Me too - on a macRead this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.25.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- Google Update
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.6
- Plugin for Wacom tablets.
- Wacom Dynamic Link Library
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:22.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/22.0
A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.
FF is completely freezing for 30 seconds/1 minute!!
This under you new version 22.
Again under several plugins
We're sorry to hear that Firefox is crashing. In order to assist you better, please follow the steps below to provide us crash ID's to help us learn more about your crash.
- Enter about:crashes in the address bar (that's where you enter your website URL) and press Enter. You should now see a list of submitted crash reports.
- Copy the 5 most recent crash ID's that you see in the crash report window and paste them into your response here.
Thank you for your help!
More information and further troubleshooting steps can be found in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.
b1267e86-42ea-41d7-905a-6010e810210a 25/07/2013 23:23 3e8efdb3-73eb-47c2-b3c8-c1e45fb5abbb 24/07/2013 16:51 8fefae67-1be7-4b28-8d7a-66b3dda819cc 24/07/2013 14:07 8348de27-8d7f-45c5-9384-f75ad5450c06 22/07/2013 21:55 823f5b3d-3e71-4f6d-b381-fe47c6f838c5 21/07/2013 22:33
Modified by cor-el
may you please apply a bp- prefix to those crash reports?
I got this
Submitted Crash Reports
No crash reports have been submitted.
Its always hanging and I close than FF and restart. This I did only today over 8 times!
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Now again this message Script: https://fbstatic-a.akamaihd.net/rsrc.php/v2/yp/r/Hgth43MFT_F.js:43
And mozilla is not responding
Yesterday I deleted FF completely and reinstall a clean version I still get the string what I got a few moments ago when I did a few minutes the reset as you told me to do. Again that string and a not responding FF.
As I told you before I did all the things you told me to do as in my first mail but all of that took me yesterday over 8 hours wit no results. Only thing I read everywhere that this a a mayor problem in FF where FF seem to be no answer on that.
At this moment I run FB on IE and indeed there is a cache problem but it keeps working without freezing.
Hi, can you try this in windows safe mode, it could be a antivirus, another program, or universal addon.
I did that a few minutes ago and get the message that there is no network what is not available in safe mode.
You need boot the computer in Windows Safe Mode with network support (press F8 on the boot screen).
This was stupid of me sorry
I'm right now in safe mode and indeed FB in FF is working. Do you have any suggestions what is wrong or how tfind the problem?
It may be a antivirus program or similar program on your computer interfering. What antivirus do you use.
Can you go to Firefox > Addons and disable all Avast related addons then restart Firefox, do you still get script errors.
I'm back in my old windows and disabled avast script shield for FF and till now everything is working fine.
Thank you for your fast answers and helping me with this problem.
Problem keeps on sorry!!
Modified by Baselmans
Me too - on a mac
Hi TrojanHorus, are you saying that disabling Avast Script Shield solved your problem, or that you are having problems with Facebook? If you have having problems with Facebook, could you start a new question and include your add-on information as well as your MacOS version?
New BAD day
I stopped Avast completely I disabled all add-ons and all extensions. and still FB gives this terrible script error in FF.
It looks like a nightmare for now over a year after FF version 20 this problem is on my computer
Hi Baselmans, I'm sorry to hear the problem is back.
So everything works smoothly for a while but eventually it hangs? It's puzzling that only FB causes this problem, or maybe you aren't spending that much time on other highly dynamic sites so there isn't time for the problem to occur there.
Some additional thoughts:
(1) I assume you haven't noticed anything strange going on with your FB account, like lots of new friends and subscriptions you don't recognize. Because FB is a rich source of mischief for malware (including add-ons that do things on your behalf while you're logged in), it's worth doing a quick review.
(2) You mentioned reinstalling Firefox. Normally your settings are preserved during an uninstall/reinstall unless you remove them. Assuming you kept your settings, did you ever try:
(A) Firefox's Safe Mode (temporarily deactivates extensions and some customizations) or
(B) Firefox Reset (permanently removes extensions and some customizations)?
A Firefox Safe Mode test only takes a minute to fire up, but it may be several hours before you know whether it's working, and that may be inconvenient with all extensions disabled. As an alternative, try disabling all nonessential or unrecognized extensions (anything you can live without for 24 hours) on this tab:
orange Firefox button (or Tools menu) > Add-ons > Extensions category
Usually you will see a link to restart Firefox after doing that, so go ahead and restart. Notice any difference?
(3) FB features of a lot of media, including Flash media such as videos. I got script freezes on many sites (not limited to FB) after a Windows update last month and had to disable the Flash player plugin's protected mode to get the sites working again. Your symptoms sound more gradual and less severe, but I suggest trying it anyway.
See this support article from Adobe under the heading "Last Resort": Adobe Forums: How do I troubleshoot Flash Player's protected mode for Firefox?