How do I delete an add-on?
The add-on LyricXeeker 1.125 has been added to my add-ons and now Delta Search comes up every time I open a new tab. I want to delete this add-on, but the only options I have is to enable or disable the add-on. How can I delete the add-on?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Google Update
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.29
- Version 126.96.36.19931
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.25.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.03
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 188.8.131.52
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Pando Web Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2060
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:22.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/22.0
Extensions that do not have a "Remove" button are installed by other software and are not under control of the Firefox extension manager.
Such globally installed extensions are usually found via a registry scan or are installed in a location that Firefox scans for installed extensions.
Extensions installed this way need to be removed via the settings (options/preferences) of the program that has added this extension or you need to uninstall this program via the Control Panel.
In Firefox you an only disable such an extension.
It sounds like you have a third party program that has taken over your search engine, home page, and/or the default new tab page. Fortunately, this can be remedied easily:
install the Search Reset Tool. This will remove the traces of this program from Firefox.
and remove a possible user.js file in your profile folder
For further information, please read Remove a toolbar that has taken over your Firefox search or home page.
Did this fix the problem? Let us know!