Why are new tabs opening in 200% zoom?
I am using version 22.0. Firefox updated itself a week or so ago and ever since then, when Firefox opens up (with my saved tabs) or when I click to open new tabs, all websites open in 200% zoom. I have to hit Control - twice to get to the "normal" zoom view every single time.
Also, my left-hand side Bookmarks menu looks different too - they look like they are also zoomed in but I can't figure out how to zoom out of that area so that I can see all my bookmarks like I used to.
None of my other programs are having any kind of zoom issue so I know it's related only to Firefox. I have rebooted many times over the past week or two and that doesn't solve the issue.
I've also tried going to View / Zoom / Reset - but that takes me BACK to the 200% view.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.25.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Creative Cloud is installed on this machine.v_2_0_0_0
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.5"
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Extension Manager is installed on this machine.
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- McAfee MSS+ NPAPI Plugin
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Unity Player 3.4.0f5
- McAfee Virtual Technician plugin for Mozilla (Gecko Version: 1.8b1)
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:22.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/22.0
You can set the layout.css.devPixelsPerPx pref on the about:config page to 1.0 (current default value is -1.0) to restore the behavior of previous Firefox versions.
Use this extension to adjust the font size for the user interface.
- Theme Font & Size Changer: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/theme-font-size-changer/
- Big Buttons: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/big-buttons/
You can look at the Default FullZoom Level or NoScript extension if web pages need to be adjusted after changing the layout.css.devPixelsPerPx pref.
- Default FullZoom Level: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/default-fullzoom-level/
- NoSquint: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/nosquint/
Hello, Have you tried Firefox's zoom feature? This will help increase the size of web pages.
- To make things bigger, press Ctrl and + at the same time.
- To make things smaller, press Ctrl and - at the same time.
- To reset the size back to normal, press Ctrl and 0 at the same time.
You can also use the NoSquint. add-on to change the default zoom level for all websites at once. After setting your global zoom level, you can still fine-tune the zoom on individual sites.
- After installing NoSquint, make sure you have the Add-on Bar displayed:
- Right-click the new tab button ("+") or a blank area of the tab bar to the right of it and choose Add-on Bar from the shortcut menu.
- Click the % on the Add-on Bar to call up site preferences, then click the Global Settings button, then the Zooming tab.
- You can experiment with sizes larger than 125%, but it's not recommended that you go higher than 150% unless you have a large high-resolution monitor.
If there are particular sites that still present a problem, feel free to post their URLs.
Please let us know if this helped you!