Trying to restore my tabs by renaming sessionstore.bak to .js but its only renaming the file and not changing the extension?
In the past when Firefox crashed and failed to bring back my old tabs and windows I was able to restore it by doing the sessionstore.bak -> sessionstore.js rename trick. This is no longer working. It appears that when I rename sessionstore.bak to sessionstore.js it simply renames the file but the file type doesn't change to a .js file. It appears as "sessionstore.js.bak" in properties. Anyone know how I can properly get it converted?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.7
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- McAfee MSS+ NPAPI Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- DivX Plus Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Best Buy pc app Detector Plug-in
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:22.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/22.0
You can try to add quotes around the name: "sessionstore.js"
This worked. Thanks!
You can use the utility at http://firefox-session-restore.herokuapp.co... to restore your tabs. Just paste in the contents of sessionstore.bak.