Firefox Keeps Crashing
When I'm playing http://play.binweevils.com/game.php?cluster=uk, it just keeps freezing then it crashes. What do I do?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.03
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.21.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.6
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1688
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1243
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/21.0
We're sorry to hear that Firefox is crashing. In order to assist you better, please follow the steps below to provide us crash ID's to help us learn more about your crash.
- Enter about:crashes in the address bar (that's where you enter your website URL) and press Enter. You should now see a list of submitted crash reports.
- Copy the 5 most recent crash ID's that you see in the crash report window and paste them into your response here.
Thank you for your help!
More information and further troubleshooting steps can be found in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.
Hello Scooby123, also in your System Details it seems that you have 2 Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in (version 126.96.36.1998 and 188.8.131.523) ! keep only one... the latest.
You can check for problems with current Flash plugin versions and try these:
- disable a possible RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin extension for Firefox and update the RealPlayer if installed
- disable protected mode in the Flash plugin (Flash 11.3+ on Windows Vista and later)
- disable hardware acceleration in the Flash plugin
bp-5d15ecf3-23d5-44ef-a5cd-574362130604 04/06/2013 17:59 33e298d2-9d08-48d5-a8d2-9b144addc138 04/06/2013 16:42 fccbf186-35ed-4546-bb75-b5484d81c085 04/06/2013 16:38 75003b2c-b1e3-471b-bed7-5645851b9585 04/06/2013 14:09 91903d98-c607-4af5-8835-6fa7f068f48f 04/06/2013 12:19
Modified by cor-el
how do i get rid of the old one?
I have not heard from you and this is getting really annoying because it keeps crashing!!!
Hello, see how to disable the older plugin(Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2063) : Disable or remove Add-ons
did you try cor-el's suggestions ?
Hi, I only had one add on, and I disabled that. I have quite a few extensions though
None of this is working! I had one add on, I disabled it, and it keeps freezing!
Hello, please try cor-el's suggestions, and check it again.
What did his idea say?
Try Firefox Safe Mode to see if the problem goes away. Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode, which disables most add-ons.
(If you're not using it, switch to the Default theme.)
- You can open Firefox 4.0+ in Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you open the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- Or open the Help menu and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.
Once you get the pop-up, just select "'Start in Safe Mode"
If the issue is not present in Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one. Please follow the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article for that.
To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before opening Firefox for normal use again.
When you figure out what's causing your issues, please let us know. It might help other users who have the same problem.
Hi, I have tried safemode and it still freezes. Any other solutions?
Please post a few crash reports from Firefox whilst used in Firefox's safe mode with all plugins disabled.
Or does it only crash when FlashPlayer is in use ?
Hi, I don't want to go into windows safe mode.
It only crashes when I'm playing http://play.binweevils.com/game.php?cluster=uk which is an online kids game. I think that uses flash player.
You only have to go into safe mode once, if the problem dissapears, it is a problem with your system.
Hi, how do I fix it?
When you boot into safe mode, go to the website you are having issues with and see if FF crashes then, that is a good reason to try to boot into safe mode, when done reboot and it will restore your computer like it was, then respond if FIrefox crashed.