Since version 20 tabs don't close. Works fine on older version. When will this be fixed?
Since version 20 when I close a tab after some time tabs don't close and you can't even switch to the closed tab. Which seems to indicate that webpage has close but tab bar has not removed the page entry. This means that tab bar gets filled with old tabs quickly. Only way to recover is to close Firefox and restart. This is very annyoing and forcing me to switch to other browsers. Same problem doesn't happen on older version. Due to this I have right now downgraded to version 15. But our IT will automatically upgrade to latest version very soon.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.7
- Microsoft Lync 2010 Meeting Join Plug-in
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0
hello, can you try to replicate this behaviour when you launch firefox in safe mode once? if not, maybe an addon is interfering here...
Please update to Firefox 21 (Firefox 15 is not safe to run). Then reset firefox Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems
Resetting the firefox resolved the issue. I have not tried to find yet if any add on was causing this problem. Will find out when I start to add them again.