How do I remove Bing from my computer?
I do not like the search engine Bing - it posts nasty images automatically when I pull up my Mozilla Firefox. How can I remove it completely from showing up with Mozilla and if possible how do I make Google automatically be the search engine that accompanies Mozilla?
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Thank you.Read this answer in context 42
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/21.0
BRAVO!! - this fixed the problem for me; simple, elegant solution thank you!
Modified by pfsoto
aw oh; i replied in haste it seems. going the "about:config" route does NOT work, after all :-(