This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Firefox is crashing when I try to reply to emails.
When I open hotmail, firefox allows me to do everything as normal with the account until I try to send an email. It lets me send the first email, but every time I try to send another email after woulds, my whole browser (including the other tabs) crash and close down.
As someone who has been using firefox for years, I find this more than a little annoying, as I have to repeat the password process every time the page closes down...
I use the latest version, and this problem has only been going on for the last week or so.
I hope you can help!
All Replies (7)
Are you just sending a plain normal email or are you attaching file(s) as well?
We're sorry to hear that Firefox is crashing. In order to assist you better, please follow the steps below to provide us crash ID's to help us learn more about your crash.
- Enter about:crashes in the address bar (that's where you enter your website URL) and press Enter. You should now see a list of submitted crash reports.
- Copy the 5 most recent crash ID's that you see in the crash report window and paste them into your response here.
Thank you for your cooperation!
More information and further troubleshooting steps can be found in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.
The emails I am trying to send are plain, with only a paragraph or two of text, so not too bulky. The first email goes through if done immediately after starting the page. All subsequent emails cause the browser to crash.
Yes, as I advised earlier, please provide us with crash reports.
This appears to be known but resolved on a bug report found about it. I have post on the bug report. I will update here if I receive a response. Meanwhile you can try the following:
Try disabling graphics hardware acceleration. Since this feature was added to Firefox, it has gradually improved, but there still are a few glitches.
You might need to restart Firefox in order for this to take effect, so save all work first (e.g., mail you are composing, online documents you're editing, etc.).
Then perform these steps:
- Click the orange Firefox button at the top left, then select the "Options" button, or, if there is no Firefox button at the top, go to Tools > Options.
- In the Firefox options window click the Advanced tab, then select "General".
- In the settings list, you should find the Use hardware acceleration when available checkbox. Uncheck this checkbox.
- Now, restart Firefox and see if the problems persist.
Additionally, please check for updates for your graphics driver by following the steps mentioned in the following Knowledge base articles:
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
This is fixed in version 22 which will be released in 6 weeks.
Thank you for your help. I am glad because I send out 25-30 emails a day and it is getting on my nerves having to sign in again repeatedly and re-find my tabs. Still, 6 weeks is not so bad.
I appreciate you taking the time to look into this for me.