my firefox is not working . what is the best way to fix it
i have been getting a lot of script on this page is not functioning messages and in the last day or 2 firefox has stopped running and will not open when i click on the firefox icon . is the best thing to do to fix the problem to remove my current version and re download it from the mozilla home page or can it be fixed another way . also if i do have to remove it will i loose my bookmarks .
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; (R1 1.6); .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; InfoPath.2)
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
A possible cause is security software (firewall,anti-virus) that blocks or restricts Firefox or the plugin-container process without informing you, possibly after detecting changes (update) to the Firefox program.
Remove all rules for Firefox and the plugin-container from the permissions list in the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full unrestricted access to internet for Firefox and the plugin-container process and the updater process.
thanks a million for your replies . i will read all the articles you have given me . amitshree i don;t think i can do as you say just now due to the fact i can;t open firefox . the only reason i am here at all is i am using an old version of internet explorer ! i will try and open firefox and if it does work i will folow your instructions . i will let you know how i get on
Modified by 20Champion