Cannot see session cookies in Private Browsing mode - see only normal cookies listed.
Using Firefox 19.0.2 (Windows XP SP3).
Is there some way to allow Firefox to show ONLY a list of current session cookies while in private browsing mode, rather than a list of the normal cookies?
First of all, basic cookie handling appears to be working fine for me, in both normal mode and in private browsing: Cookies set during private browsing are deleted as expected when exiting Firefox or when toggling back to normal browsing.
I am unable to SEE the new cookies that are added during a private browsing session.
If I start Firefox normally, toggle to private browsing mode, and then go to Options> Show Cookies, the window opens showing a long list of my "normal" cookies.
Previously, the cookies window would appear to be EMPTY when starting a private browsing session. After browsing a while, and then rechecking the list I would see only the cookies set during that private browsing session.
NOW, during a private browsing session, when I recheck the cookies list I see only my normal cookies, and NONE of the new session cookies appear in the list (the same cookies are shown as before switching to private mode).
I have tried starting Firefox in Safe Mode, with no change in behavior. I have also tried disabling add-ons, with no change.
List of add-ons installed:
Adblock Pluss 2.2.3 BetterPrivacy 1.6.8 Ghostery 2.9.3 Googlebar Lite 4.9.7 IE View 1.5.6 Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant 1.3.1 PrivacyChoice TrackerBlock 2.2 Status-4-Evar 2013.02.16.23 Bookmark Favicon Changer 1.74 (disabled) CheckPlaces 2.6.2 (disabled)
Modified by tzdvl
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.17.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.4"
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 12.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Windows Multimedia Services DRM Store Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
This appears to be a duplicate of https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/954742
I'll lock this thread, so all answers will be posted in the same place.