Why is FF able to save and update passwords for sites other than Blackboard?
I'm able to save and update passwords on other sites, but not on Blackboard Learn for my university. They require us to change our pw's every so often and I think I noticed this after Blackboard had done a few updates to their site. It will still load autofill with my old account and password, but not update it. I deleted the stored password and tried to get FF to remember it again on my laptop, but it didn't even ask to save it. I'm guessing there's a new code or script for the log in procedure? Is there a manual way to enter and update stored credentials?
hello, websites can specify that passwords shouldn't be saved (however i don't know if this is the case on the page you're having issues with, since you haven't specified which university this is affecting). as a way to circumvent this you can use an addon like this: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/remember-passwordsRead this answer in context 2
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.17.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.6
- Google Update
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
hello, websites can specify that passwords shouldn't be saved (however i don't know if this is the case on the page you're having issues with, since you haven't specified which university this is affecting). as a way to circumvent this you can use an addon like this: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/remember-passwords
Thanks a lot. That add on worked perfectly. It was for logging into University of Louisville's Blackboard page.
Note that you can also remove the autocomplete=off attribute with a bookmarklet, so you can consider this solution as you won't encounter this situation often.
You can remove autocomplete=off with a bookmarklet to make Firefox save names and passwords or other form data.
- Saved Password Editor: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/saved-password-editor/
I also use the Saved Password Editor add-on. With it installed I can add or edit a password. It by developer, Daniel Dawson. A really great tool.
I hope that helps.
The user info link is at The link at: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/user/daniel-dawson/?src=api