This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Switching from external display to MBP retina display, poor quality, must restart FF19.0.2
Here's the sequence of events:
1) Start FF on my MBP (OS 10.8.2), and retina display works properly.
2) Connect my MBP to a 24" external display, which has max resolution of 1920x1200 (set as primary). FF displays nicely on external display.
3) Disconnect external display and FF is now pixelated on MBP retina. Refreshing System Dispay preferences doesn't seem to help, or I haven't found the magic technique.
4) Restart FF and all is well.
So the issue appears to be FF not recognizing the need to revert to Retina resolution.
Modified by dshean
You're welcomeRead this answer in context 👍 0
All Replies (5)
Try to set the Integer pref gfx.hidpi.enabled to 2 on the about:config page.
That seems to solve the problem. Thanks.
Hmmm. Now seeing strange behavior with search bar autocomplete list being cut off (attached example).
Try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.
- Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"