large files are not in cache directory
I've been watching some training modules and in order to watch them off line I've been going into the cache and then just renaming the files with mp4 extension, so everything works fine except for one particular module whose size is 48344797 bytes (46Mb) Initially i thought that it was an issue with the object cache limit in ff (I'm working with 19.0.2) but in the configuration I can see the setting is 51200 (51Mb) so this looks fine.
to make matters worse if I disconnect the network after the file has finished downloading ( i use httpfox to check this) i can view the module without any issues so I ff obviously has it somewhere. I've looked in the about:cache (all the smaller files where there) but it's not there.
Where else can I look for this cached object? I'm running windows 7 sp1
Modified by navatala
Additional System Details
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.24
- Version 126.96.36.19938
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.6
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_39 for Mozilla browsers
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Microsoft Lync 2010 Meeting Join Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Winamp Application Detector
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- VMware Remote Console and Client Integration Plug-in
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
Thank you very much for reaching out to Mozilla Support about your issue. Please be rest assured that we are still looking into your inquiry. We would appreciate your patience while we are finding an answer for your question. At this moment I am escalating this issue to our advanced troubleshooting team who will get back to you within 24-48 hours.
There used to be an addon that let you save files from the cache called Cache Viewer: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/cacheviewer-continued/
It still exists but can't get the latest version fully reviewed b/c the people reviewing the addon are too slow for some reason.
It has a good review from someone who installed from the other location: https://bitbucket.org/jsumners/cacheviewer-continued/downloads
Get the one dated 2013-02-11.
So this addon may be able to help grab it. If not, it could be because that video is a streaming video and those usually have been hard to save from the Firefox cache. I use a addon called Video DownloadHelper for those.
Modified by Noah_SUMO