How do I delete the automatic "saved in my profile bookmarks" forever and disable this daily bookmark backup taking place daily
Hello at 0457 GMT in UK on Thursday 28th February 2013.
I'd like to disable the automatic daily bookmark update file that Firefox creates and also delete all my previous Firefox automatic daily Bookmark Backups in my account. How long are the automatic daily bookmark backups stored for please.
I just wish to do a .JSON backup manually please.
Set the Integer pref browser.bookmarks.max_backups to 0 on the about:config page.Read this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.6
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
Set the Integer pref browser.bookmarks.max_backups to 0 on the about:config page.
I've done the first part thank you but how do I delete all the ones in my account or do they self-delete after 10 files which was the default.
You can find existing JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder in the Firefox profile folder.
You can use this button to go to the Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder
hi cor-el at 1435 GMT in UK.
I was aware of the JSON part but it was the automatic backup I was referring to. I looked to test a Restore an automatic backup today and as you said earlier changing to zero worked. They had all gone.
many thanks pingu70