why are mp3 icons appearing on my desktop when closing firefox
I unsuccessfully tried to download ringtones, now when i close firefox these ringtone icon appear on my desktop.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.15.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.3"
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 126.96.36.199
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
The icons are there because the computer apparently did not delete them when the download was cancelled. Have you tried with another browser to see if it's a computer issue or a Firefox issue?
This does not happen when i close internet explorer, two additional icons will appear each time that I close firefox.
2 icons appear every time Firefox closes? We have never heard of this issue before. What are the 2 icons? Could you please provide a screenshot ?
The two icons are CTU ringtones, one mp3, 0ne wav, they are added to my desktop each time that i close firefox.
Try to delete the downloads.sqlite file in the Firefox Profile Folder.
You can use this button to go to the Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder
I deleted the download.sqlite files twice, but they keep reappearing in the profile directory when i open it. just like the icons do in my desktop.]
After a whole lot of trial and errors, and other program changes that I did not understand, Last night I went to Help/troubleshooting information and reset Firefox to Default State!!!! and the icons are no longer appearing. that easy
Modified by ascobie1