Any website or clicked link automatically opens mytoolsapp.info website, after a few seconds
Since this afternoon, anytime I'm entering a new website, Firefox automatically loads a new website on that same tab (mytoolsapp.info website). Therefore, I'm unable to open whatever website or link I try, unless I click the cross (usually "refresh button") at the end of the address bar, in the few seconds timeframe before the new website starts loading. However, I tried google.com homepage and mozilla.org homepage, and no-reload issue happened. Nonetheless, Google "maintains" normal only before doing any search, furthermore, when I was registering my username on this support webpage, the problem appeared again. I already deleted all cookies and ran Ccleaner, but the problem remains. If usefull, the "reloaded-new" website has http://onlinefwd.com as beginning address.
What's happening and what can I do?
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.6
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version 126.96.36.19992
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_39 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- Version 0.9.19, Copyright 2006-2012 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.18, copyright 2006-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.523
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- vShare.tv plug-in
- Office Live Update v1.5
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Virtual Earth 3D 4.00090316005 plugin for Mozilla
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
hello, this sounds like a problem possibly caused by malware on your pc. please go to firefox > addons > extensions & remove any suspicious entries (toolbars, things that you have not installed intentionally, don't know what purpose they serve, etc). also go to the windows control panel / programs and remove all toolbars or potentially unwanted software from there and run a full scan of your system with the security software that you have in place and different other tools like the free version of malwarebytes & adwcleaner.
you might also want to try to reset firefox.
C'mon...was it just that easy?! (Well, I guess I must thank God and madperson for the ease) I looked into my extensions, and there was one called "My Tools Extension" (or "My Tools App extension", don't remember well...but, whatever). I've just removed it, and so far so good...no website reloads the annoying one.
Thank you very much, madperson ;)