Anyone having issues with firefox downloading text(.txt) files instead of displaying it in the browser?
text file is not display in firefox browser, instead it keep asking to be open in an external program ie. notepad
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.15.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- TrendMicro Toolbar Rating Plugin
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
Firefox should be able to open a text file by default, mine does.
Maybe you (or an extension) have added a specific action for text files that is no longer possible so it is defaulting to asking or offering to download.
Check any actions listed under file type .txt make a note of what it is currently then delete it.
- use Firefox Button -> Options -> | Applications |
scroll down looking for a .txt entry, select & right click for options
- see Applications panel - Set how Firefox handles different types of files
That happens if the text file isn't send as text/plain, but with another MIME type.
- Open in Browser: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/open-in-browser/