Privacy settings have not changed, but Firefox 18 is keeping me logged into facebook
I work for a FB game developer, and as a result I need to wipe cookies/cache in my browsers frequently. I have had Firefox set up to delete cookies when Firefox closes. This prevented me from staying logged into Facebook after closing Firefox. After upgrading to Firefox 18.0.2, I remain logged into my Facebook account even though I have not changed the cookie settings, nor have I selected the "keep me logged in" option on Facebook. Why has this behavior started and how do I make it stop if my settings haven't changed?
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.3"
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- IE Tab 2 Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 18.104.22.168
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Do you keep tabs with Facebook opened when you close Firefox?
- Tools > Options > General > Startup: "When Firefox Starts": "Show my windows and tabs from last time"
If you reopen websites automatically on a next start then Firefox will store cookies that are used in those tabs in the sessionstore.js file as part of the session data, so you won't get logged off if you close Firefox without closing the tabs first.
You can set the browser.sessionstore.privacy_level pref to 2 (never) or 1 (non-HTTPS) on the about:config page to disable saving cookies via session restore.
The browser.sessionstore.privacy_level_deferred pref is used when you do not reopen the previous session automatically via "Show my windows and tabs from last time" and uses the same values.
My startup is set to load my homepage, not windows and tabs from last time. Granted, my homepage is facebook, but it always used to bring me to the login page before this issue started happening.
Will browser.sessionstore.privacy_level work if loading the last session's tab is not the startup setting?
Try to set them both to 2.
You can inspect and manage the permissions for all domains on the about:permissions page.
I set them both to 2, and it didn't make a difference.