Have just downloaded the update and my web browser screen is now distorted and moves when i pass the cursor over it, what can I do to fix it?
Have just downloaded the update and my web browser screen is now distorted and moves when i pass the cursor over it, what can I do to fix it? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and disabling all my add ons. It is impossible to use and I'm thinking I will have no choice but to go to safari.
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6; en-us) AppleWebKit/531.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.3 Safari/531.9
Hello joport, Could you try disabling graphics hardware acceleration? Since this feature was added to Firefox, it has gradually improved, but there still are a few glitches.
You might need to restart Firefox in order for this to take effect, so save all work first (e.g., mail you are composing, online documents you're editing, etc.). Then perform these steps:
- Click the orange Firefox button at the top left, then select the "Options" button, or, if there is no Firefox button at the top, go to Tools > Options.
- In the Firefox options window click the Advanced tab, then select "General".
- In the settings list, you should find the Use hardware acceleration when available checkbox. Uncheck this checkbox.
- Now, restart Firefox and see if the problems persist.
Additionally, please check for updates for your graphics driver by following the steps mentioned in the following Knowledge base articles:
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Thank you! That worked a treat! Brilliant, Thanks so much for taking the time to reply!
you are welcome
You should update to OS X 10.6.8 because this is a problem with the 10.6 version.
Then you can leave hardware acceleration enabled.