filling in online boxes "times out" simply stops letting me type- how do I fix this?
even when filling out the register to ask a question on Firefox, when typing in the fill in box, if I stop or correct anything, it simply stops working and my mac makes noises at me not allowing me to type anymore... when I click another box and come back to the previous box, it resets and allows me to continue typing in the box.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Plugin that detects installed Citrix Online products (visit www.citrixonline.com).
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- DivX Plus Web Player version 18.104.22.168
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- WebEx64 General Plugin Container Version 202
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Simple plug-in that handles Citrix connection files
- Office Live Update v1.0
- Logitech Harmony Browser Plug-In 22.214.171.124
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Many site issues can be caused by corrupt cookies or cache. In order to try to fix these problems, the first step is to clear both cookies and the cache. Note: This will temporarily log you out of all sites you're logged in to. To clear cache and cookies do the following:
- Go to Firefox > History > Clear recent history or (if no Firefox button is shown) go to Tools > Clear recent history.
- Under "Time range to clear", select "Everything".
- Now, click the arrow next to Details to toggle the Details list active.
- From the details list, check Cache and Cookies and uncheck everything else.
- Now click the Clear now button.
Further information can be found in the Clear your cache, history and other personal information in Firefox article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
I still have this problem... i upgraded to Mountain lion, updates adobe, cleared cache and history etc... still getting the problem. even just filling this form out it stopped working, I had to click elsewhere and come back to this form. frustrating enough that I may have to just go back to using Safari... but I like Firefox and have all my bookmarks and sites, stored just how I like them...
thanks feer56 for the attempt!