Why can I not download content from BBC iPlayer?
I have the latest BBC iPlayer and Adobe Air installed, and am using 64 bit Windows 7 and Firefox Nightly (installed only yesterday)
Whenever I try to download content from the BBCi site, I'm prompted to download the desktop player again - and again, and again, and again ... And yet IE 64 bit works without a hitch, which is a real pain as I would rather not go anywhere near IE.
Is this something I've done wrong, or some kind of conspiracy ? I can find no answers to this problem anywhere.
have tested on another machine. worked fine with flash Plugin version 11.5.502.146. After upgrading flash it stopped working immediately (asking to install iPlayer again and again). Seems that at least cause of this problem is pinpointed.Read this answer in context 3
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Unity Player 3.5.5f4
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:21.0) Gecko/20130215 Firefox/21.0
Modified by jmward
The way to download BBC iPlayer at the moment is:
- Close Firefox.
- Open Opera, Chrome, or IE.
- Navigate to www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/tv.
- Choose a programme you want, select Download Options, and then For iPlayer Desktop.
- The BBC website should then take you to a page where you can install the iPlayer Desktop. If not, check you have the latest version of Adobe Flash for your browser installed, and try again.
If this doesn't work, all I can suggest is rebooting. After that, give up and go to C4OD instead.