What to do when BBC video/iPlayer "This content doesn't seem to be working. Try again later" Firefox 3.6.13, XP
Videos & iPlayer do not work on BBC site. I get error message "This content doesn't seem to be working. Try again later". Content is viewable on MS Internet Explorer 8.
Additional System Details
- Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.1.1.16
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In version 220.127.116.113
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin version 18.104.22.1681
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator v 12.0.4518.1014
- np-mswmp v 22.214.171.124
- DNL Reader v 126.96.36.199
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- Default Plug-in v 188.8.131.52
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site. v 184.108.40.206
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102 v 10.1.102.64
- iTunes Detector Plug-in v220.127.116.11
- GEPlugin v 18.104.22.168
- Office Live Update v1.3, 2.0.2313.0
- NPWLPG 14.0.8117.416
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers 22.214.171.124
- ScorchPlugin 126.96.36.199
- Musicnotes Viewer plugin 1.17.4 For more information visit Musicnotes.com 188.8.131.52
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In 184.108.40.206
- Google Update 220.127.116.11
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary - not installed
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_18 for Mozilla browsers 18.104.22.168
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Tried searching web for solution without success
- "Clear the Cache": Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
- "Remove the Cookies" from sites that cause problems: Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the add-ons is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
cor-el, thanks for your advice but I had tried clearing cache and removing bbc cookies before with no success. I've tried again but the problem persists. I removed Firefox and did a clean install and still the problem is there, even when I run Firefox in Safe mode with all add-ons disabled.
Same problem, but not just iPlayer. Had the problem since v3.
I have had this problem for a while now and accientally stubled on an answer. I think it is something to do with the new firefox and the new 'plugin container for firefox' which runs along side firefox.
On my firewall I allowed 'plugin container for firefox' full access to the internet and it worked immediately.
Hope that fix's yours as well
I Found that also my plugins was being blocked. I have a program called lil snitch which was blocking the plugins. Looked on there, allowed all connections on the plugins and it works
The problem has gone away on its own. Plugin Container for Firefox was configured in the McAfee firewall for Full Access to the Internet and Net Guard on. I suspect this was a Mozilla bug that was fixed with one of the patches. I am now on Firefox v5.0, but that has its own issues, including incompatibility with McAfee SiteAdvisor.
Similar problem in Ubuntu Linux 10.04 LTS, Firefox 3.6.24, and Flash Player 11.1.102.
I right clicked on the Flash Player and chose Settings. I unchecked "Enable Hardware Acceleration". This is the second PC running Linux 10.04 where this has helped.
FIX HERE,,,, TURN OFF NET GUARD FOR PLUG IN CONTAINER IN MCAFEE FIREWALL