Starting about a week ago, my cursor changes from an arrow to a 4-pointed star shape and moves erradically and won't scroll up or down.
Starting about a week ago, my cursor changes from a plain arrow to a 4-pointed star. It also moves by itself and I cannot control it. It makes it VERY hard to scroll up or down, and it stops scrolling every so often.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.5.1 for Mozilla browsers
- Zylom Plugin
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 126.96.36.199
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Sorry you are having problems.
It is a while mow since I used XP, I do not remember a 4 pointed star option for the cursor.
- Is this only on Firefox?
If other programs are affected it is something to do with Windows XP or software installed on that.
If it is only on Firefox then as an initial step try in Firefox's safe mode with all plugins disabled. You may start safemode by using
- Help -> Restart with addons disabled
- and Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems